Are you exploring your treatment options in tooth replacement from a dentist near you? If so, we invite you to contact our dentists in Philadelphia, PA at Elegance In Dentistry to learn about dental bridges as one of the treatments we provide in smile restoration. When you visit us for your tooth replacement consultation, we can also provide you with information about dental implants and partial dentures, in addition to information about dental bridges near you.
Reasons to Choose a Dental Bridge
As mentioned, there are other treatments available in tooth replacement, but two of the reasons that patients may choose a dental bridge instead are:
- The treatment can be completed in one or two appointments instead of months of treatment time required for a dental implant procedure.
- The treatment can provide more peace of mind against future bone loss and reduce the daily maintenance that a partial denture requires.
When you visit Elegance In Dentistry for your tooth replacement consultation, you’ll learn more about the types of dental bridges that can be used in your smile restoration. These include traditional dental bridges, cantilever bridges, and Maryland bonded bridges. Here’s a summary of each one:
- Traditional bridges are the most common procedure and require a dental crown on either side of the tooth that’s being replaced.
- Cantilever bridges are used when a patient does not have a tooth on either side of the missing tooth where our dentist can anchor the bridge with a dental crown.
- Maryland bonded bridges are fused to a patient’s existing teeth on just one side of the bridge and are sometimes known as resin-bonded bridges.
During your consultation, you’ll also learn how replacing your missing tooth will help keep your remaining teeth from shifting from their position. Why is this prevention important? Because when teeth shift, it creates additional gaps between your teeth for food to become trapped. And when this happens, it’s not only uncomfortable, but it also creates an environment for bacteria and gum disease.
Learn More Today
Our dentists near you at Elegance In Dentistry look forward to answering all of your questions about dental bridges and other options for your smile restoration. We’re currently accepting new patients and look forward to meeting you and answering your questions soon.